Complementary Mindfulness Session
Location: Online via Zoom
Dates: Wednesday 21st June 6.30pm
Duration: around one hour
Free Registration Required
What is the Mindfulness Information Session
The information session offers brief tasters of mindfulness practices and information about two mindfulness courses (Introducing Mindfulness and Mindfulness for Life). You will have the opportunity to ask any questions about the courses.
What does the free session include
- Understand what mindfulness is and isn’t
- Experience two mindfulness exercises
- Listen to a real story about how mindfulness helped Wei transform one of her biggest life challenges
- Know why mindfulness is so important to our wellbeing in this uncertain world
- Learn the development of mindfulness-based programs
- Gain more information about the 3-week Introducing Mindfulness Course and 8-week Mindfulness for Life Course
You need to get access to the internet and join the session via Zoom.
To Register click the link below, choose the time that suits you and Login, or if you are new to the Wellness Centre you can register as a new user. You will be sent an email with the Zoom link around 30 min. before the session. Please check you have the Zoom App or software on your device.
About the Teacher
Wei Wang comes from China and is a mindfulness practitioner and teacher. She enjoys practicing mindfulness in the early morning. Wei has spent 18 months receiving professional mindfulness teacher training at the Oxford Mindfulness Foundation and is also a PhD student studying mindfulness and elite athlete mental health at the University of Wollongong. She is looking forward to sharing mindfulness with more people. As Thich Nhat Hanh said, “peace is every step, we shall walk hand in hand’.