Wollongong Pelvic Floor Workshop
Date: next workshop will be Saturday 29th June 1pm- 4pm
It's not just during pregnancy and childbirth that your pelvic floor is really important. It is best to keep it strong for the rest of your life to guard against problems later on. Even high impact sports, running, heavy lifting, being overweight can contribute to weakened pelvic floor muscles as well.
This 3-hour Pelvic Floor workshop is a very practical, exercise-based short course. You will be guided through both short theory and given practical techniques to learn about the Pelvic Floor (PF) muscles, the Core and their influence on the body. You will leave with a specific designed PF exercise program with more awareness of these muscles and how to strengthen them.
Common signs indicating a pelvic floor problem include:
- leaking urine when you exercise, laugh, cough or sneeze
- not making it there in time
- constantly needing to go
- difficult to empty your bladder/bowel
- a prolapse
- pain in your pelvic area
- painful sex or lack of sensation.
In this workshop emphasis is placed on the PF muscles, core-stability, posture and strength for the specific needs of the women in the class.
The goal of this short informal workshop is to gain a practical understanding of the PF muscles and how to strengthen them for a stronger, healthier and symptom-free life.
Included in the PF Workshop:
- Theoretical and practical understanding of the PF muscles, their function and dysfunction.
- PF safe exercises, the core and the influence of correct breathing techniques.
- Working your PF with various positions and exercises.
- Safe cardio and strengthening exercises.
- What exercises and activities to avoid and then build-up to.
- Back Care, Dos and Don’ts.
- Balance with your exercises and daily life.
This course is based for the majority of women with mild to moderate PF issues. I in 3 of women do! The course is not for women with major prolapses and other problems, where a trained women’s Health physiotherapist will need to guide and treat on an individualized basis.
About the Teacher: Jane Cerneaz is a trained physiotherapist with more than 20 years’ experience in treatment and exercise-prescription training. She is a trained yoga teacher and Women’s Health advocate. Exercise is medicine when given correctly and effectively. The program is a combination of physiotherapy knowledge and in-depth understanding of Women’s Health.
Venue: Wellness Centre Wollongong 81 Keira Street (MAP)
Date: June 29th Saturday 1pm- 4pm
Appointment & bookings cancellation policy here
Foam Roller Fascia Training Workshop for pain relief, improved mobility, reduce cellulite, enhanced sports performance & much more. Latest research
Next session Saturday 3rd Aug. Learn More Here