Wollongong VLA (Vitality, Longevity and Healthy Ageing program)
Your Wellness Centre practitioner Robyn is one of a select group of Healthcare Professionals who have received extensive training in maximising healthy ageing and improving vitality, making them ideally suited to help you achieve your goals. Your Practitioner uses a scientifically validated test known as Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA), which assists them to design a program specifically for your needs.
FREE introductory VLA testing (30 min) on Wednesday 10th April Bookings by phone only on 42263777
As a qualified Vitality, Longevity and Healthy Ageing (VLA) Practitioner, Robyn can design a complete Wellness program specifically for your needs. Robyn uses a range of professional clinical tools that allows her to assess your:
- Hydration levels
- Body composition
- Health status
- Nutritional status
People who may benefit from the VLA Program include those who want to:
- Manage their body composition effectively.
- Increase muscle tone and fitness.
- Support energy levels.
- Support healthy ageing.
- Support the nutrition and health of their body.
Nutritional supplement recommendations, exercise recommendations and dietary advice will be provided, giving your
body the building blocks for maximum health and energy.
Your Practitioner will connect leads to your hands and feet and pass a low voltage electrical current through your body. This is safe and painless, and provides your Practitioner with insight into aspects of your health such as how much fat and muscle that you have in your body. BIA can also help your Practitioner to monitor your cellular health and energy levels.
Preparing for your VLA
A small undetectable electrical current passed through your body.generally the only contraindications are if you have a pacemaker, an automatic implantable cardiac defibrillator (AICD) or during pregnancy.
- Avoid exercise or saunas that would make you sweat at least 12 hours before your test for accurate body fluid results.
- Avoid caffeine (4hrs) and alcohol (12 hrs) prior to the test.
- Ideally drink 2 glasses of water 2 hours before your appointment
- Height & weight will be measured.
- Two electrodes will be placed on your hand and foot.
- Once the leads are connected to the test only takes a few seconds.
- The BIA (VLA) data will be sent to a computer for results & review
VLA can be done on its own (15 minute duration) or as a part of the naturopathic consult. Please discuss with reception which option is right for you so that adequate time can be allowed.
The cost for the scan is ONLY $50.00 otherwise VLA is part of a normal naturopathic consultation