Mum’s Barre Pilates
Bump and Beyond Health & Fitness for Mums in the Illawarra
Mums Barre online and in-studio currently on hold.
Fee table below
Live Stream (LS) Exercise Classes more closely mirror the class experience you would have in our studio.
Unlike with video-on-demand, our instructors can help keep you on track in the present, encouraging you further to safely achieve your goals.
The Wellness Centre classes use minimal equipment, a safe space (with baby nearby if needed), definitely a mat, optional (recommended) props include a small pilates ball, resistance band and 1-2kg dumbbells if you have them. (available click & collect from the WC or post)
For new attendees we ask you to fill out an online Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) for Postnatal Exercise - your teacher needs to know about any injuries/conditions you have to look after you properly. The link will be on your registration email.
What are the benefits of Live Online Barre Pilates?
- Encouragement & accountability from your fellow students & teacher
- If you book for a live dedicated class, you will more likely do it. Even if you can find a pre-recorded Virtual Post Natal class online it is easy to skip that time thinking ‘I will do it later’ only to find "later" comes and goes and it’s not done!
- Keeping up social contact. A regular class or two a week gives us real social contact with other mum's and their babies, often seeing the same faces sharing their stories.
- Feedback and guidance from an experienced and qualified teacher
- When you do a live online class with a teacher you trust, you will be guided safely through exercises. Unlike a recorded class, demonstrations will happen, however, your teacher will be keeping an eye on you (option to turn off your video) ensuring that the exercise is being done correctly. Optional modifications may be offered for more of a challenge!
- Students are ‘muted’ in a group class, however, if time permits, you can have the option to un-mute and ask a question to your teacher when the class has finished.
Any queries please call the Wellness Centre on 02 42263777
Our Mums’ Barre class is from six weeks after giving birth & pregnancy
Mums enjoy a full-body, ballet and pilates workout at the ballet barre, to tone and lengthen the body and promote weight loss without building muscle bulk. The class is suitable for all fitness levels, as your instructor, Miriam, provides alternatives and options to suit women with bumps, babies, and beyond.
Children of all ages are welcome in the class. Mums can wear their babies in a carrier, or have them close by on the floor or bring a rocker. Toys, snacks and electronic devices can be brought to entertain older children.
No dance or pilates experience is necessary, and the class is tailored to the fitness level of participants.
*Children and babies of all ages are welcome to attend this class. This is a flexible class to allow children to accompany their mothers, however, you remain responsible for your children.
Whilst we endeavour to provide a safe environment for your children, the Wellness Centre takes no responsibility for any injury that may occur while visiting, or as a result of visiting the Wellness Centre.…
**While our classes are tailored to the needs of the individual, please seek the advice of a health professional before undertaking a new exercise program. Pre and postnatal women should also seek the advice of their doctor or midwife before beginning exercise.
With In-studio classes we provide pilates mats, bands, balls & weights for the use of the mums. Please bring a sling or baby carrier, if you have one, as well as a blanket and a favourite toy.
Please prepare and be ready in plenty of time so you and your baby are ready to start at 11am.
In-Studio and Live Stream Classes are usually Mondays and Thursdays at 11am. Bookings required
Live Stream Pricing options for these classes include
14 Day Introductory Passes do not cover Mums Barre, Mums Pilates or Prenatal Classes or workshops
If you plan on doing more than 2 classes a week including other general classes then the Direct Debit for $70 per fortnight is the best value. See reception for membership.
Online Booking is required via our Free app or on your computer. See live Class timetable. Otherwise is you don't have access to online booking please call us on 42263777.
If you and/or a group would like a specific day and time please call 42263777.
Other related services include:
- Post Natal Remedial Massage
- Private Pilates, Yoga and Barre sessions
- Small Group Post Natal Barre & Pilates