Ashtanga Yoga Beginners Course (4 weeks)
Ashtanga yoga is a dynamic form of yoga that follows a set sequence of postures (asanas).
An increase in strength, flexibility, and improvement in general well-being and overall health are a few reasons as to why Ashtanga yoga is practised by thousands of people around the world.
Learn the fundamentals of Ashtanga yoga with this 4 week course with a qualified Ashtanga yoga teacher. Open to complete beginners as well as students who wish to consolidate their understanding of the foundations of the practice. No previous yoga experience is required. In these led classes, the teacher will guide you vocally and demonstrates the asanas through the sequence. The teacher counts each breath and calls out each pose. More information on Ashtanga yoga here
What will I learn?
You will learn the fundamentals of the practice of Ashtanga Yoga You will learn:
- The dynamic Surya Namaskara (sun salute) sequence, which links yoga postures and conscious breathing to create a meditative flow.
- The beginnings of the primary series of Ashtanga Yoga,
- The breathing techniques specific to Ashtanga Yoga (ujjayi pranayama).
- The gaze points (drishtis) for each posture which provide a point of awareness and focus throughout the practice to aid concentration and mental stillness.
- the Sanskrit names of the asanas and some of the fundamental teachings (sutras)
Ashtanga is one of the more active forms of yoga, however, the practice can be varied to match your level of fitness.
When: 6.30pm Mondays
$80 concession full-time students, Health Care card holders. Bring your current Concession ID to 1st session.
|6.30pm||Monday 24th Oct.|
|or call 42263777 to register your interest.|